WASHINGTON (BRAIN) — Haro Bicycles is working with the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission to recall about 510 Masi Evoluzione and Gran Corsa bicycles, model years 2017-2020. The company has received five reports of the bikes’ carbon steerer tubes breaking. The incidents include three reports of minor injuries.
Consumers are being told to stop riding the bikes immediately and their local Haro Bicycles dealer for a free inspection, and repair or replacement of the fork and compression plug. Consumers can contact Haro at 800-289-4276 from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. PT Monday through Friday, email at [email protected] or visit Haro’s recall page.
The bikes were sold from December 2016 through February 2021 for between $1,400 and $6,200.
This recall involves the following bicycles:
- 2017 Masi Evoluzione Dura Ace (gloss UD carbon/blue/red)
- 2017 Masi Evoluzione Ultegra (gloss white/blue/red)
- 2017 Masi Evoluzione Ultegra Di2 (gloss black/charcoal/white)
- 2017 Masi Evoluzione 105 (gloss black/blue)
- 2017 Masi Gran Corsa (gloss black/blue/red)
- 2018 Masi Evoluzione Dura Ace (gloss TeXtreme carbon/solar chrome)
- 2018 Masi Evoluzione Ultegra (gloss grey/red-orange (Roarange))
- 2018 Masi Evoluzione Ultegra Di2 (gloss TeXtreme carbon/cyan)
- 2018 Masi Evoluzione 105 (gloss Limpet blue/black)
- 2018 Masi Gran Corsa (brushed alloy/black)
- 2019 Masi Evoluzione Dura Ace Disc (chrome/black)
- 2019 Masi Evoluzione Ultegra Disc (teal/fluorescent fade/carbon)
- 2019 Masi Evoluzione 105 Disc (satin black/gloss red)
- 2019 Masi Gran Corsa SL (brushed alloy/black)
- 2020 Masi Evoluzione Ultegra Disc (Antracite/copper)
- 2020 Masi Evoluzione 105 Disc (matte TeXtreme/gloss black)
- 2020 Masi Gran Corsa SL (brushed alloy/black)
The bicycles have carbon frames with carbon fiber forks and carbon steerer tubes. The Masi logo is on the frame and forks. The model name is printed on the frame, on the front portion of the top tube.