• X-Trail range enhanced with upgraded connectivity.
• Apple CarPlay and Android Auto added.
• Acenta and Tekna models further enhanced with features.
• For more motoring stories, go to www.Wheels24.co.za
Nissan has announced a suite of connectivity and infotainment updates to the X-Trail range.
Designed to reduce distractions and enhance convenience, the Nissan Connect infotainment system featured in the X-Trail simplifies in-car connectivity through the use of a single dash-mounted unit.
Through Nissan Connect, passengers can link their smartphones to the seven-inch touch screen through Apple CarPlay and Android Auto and allow the driver to access various applications such as Google Maps and online music streaming services.
Complementing the addition of Nissan Connect to the range, the following enhancements have been added to the Acenta (Mid) & Tekna (High) grades:
– LED headlights-Reverse camera;
– Push-start button;
– Keyless entry with a sensor;
– controlled power tailgate.
2021 Nissan X-Trail
Nissan Intelligent Mobility (NIM)
The Tekna (High) grade is also treated to the inclusion of Nissan Intelligent Mobility as a further improvement. NIM comprises:
– Intelligent Blind Spot Intervention – alerts the driver to the presence of vehicles in blind spots diagonally behind the car.
– Intelligent Lane Intervention – alerts the driver when it detects that the X-Trail is straying from its lane.
– Intelligent Cross Traffic Alert – when backing out of a parking space, this feature can detect and warn the driver of vehicles that are approaching behind the X-Trail.
– Intelligent Emergency Braking – uses radar technology to monitor vehicle speed and proximity to the vehicle ahead and will alert the driver before engaging the brakes.
– Intelligent Forward Collision Warning – helps alert drivers of an impending collision with a slower moving or stationary car.
– Intelligent Auto Headlights – automatically changes between high and low beams when oncoming vehicles are detected at night.
– Intelligent Around View Monitor with moving object detection helps drivers park more easily by giving the driver a 360 bird’s eye view.
Own a Nissan? Which feature are you most impressed with on your vehicle? Email us or use the comment section below.
2021 Nissan X-Trail
Recommended Retail Pricing:
X-Trail 2.0 Visia 7S – R462 000
X-Trail 2.5 Acenta CVT 4WD – R508 900
X-Trail 2.5 Acenta CVT 4WD 7s – R513 900
X-Trail 1.6 dci Tekna 4WD – R585 900
X-Trail 2.5 Tekna CVT 4WD 7s – R599 900
All models are sold with a three-year/90 000km service plan and a six-year/150 000km warranty.